Friday, December 3, 2010

I can't go to sleep, I've got conflicting interests in my mind.

I wonder if anyone from class is going to read this blog. It isn't part of the required blogs needed for the class, I'm just bored. Well, sleepless; it's 4am on Friday the 3rd and I've got so many assignments on my mind. That, and the thought of "what the hell am I doing with myself at this point in life?" I've been working on a GIS project for the past 4 hours, semi-stuck at it during the whole time, and then I decided for my brain to relax and possibly reset itself for better operation for my project so I rest on a couch here at the annex. And that idea only worked for a half hour.

I slept, but then was woken after some people passed me by not even making that much noise. When I woke up, I immediately thought, "I want to take a road trip up to Seattle, go through Northern California, through Oregon along I-5, and just take it easy and sight see. And if I could I'd like to share it with some friends. Only a few things wrong with that: I'd like to do this with some mellow friends (I'm not sure if I have those) and I don't talk to my friends much about this; one of the only times I had, no one seemed interested.

Another thing that was on my mind when I woke up, girls and relationships. I'm missing out.

Something to keep this post relevant to 414, my creative project proposal:

My creative project is going to focus on how the sound of waves crashing on the beach can be so soothing. I find it very interesting that something so massive and potentially dangerous to man can make them feel at ease and secure. I'm pretty sure I can find some psychic information about why people like to hear and see waves crashing on the beach, and, along with my PowerPoint presentation I plan on displaying this with, I plan to include beach/ocean sound effects and possible light background instrumental music. I might even try to put together a spray bottle with salt water in order to recreate the scent of salt spray from the ocean in the classroom. I'm still trying to determine how to integrate different cultural views of seaside/ocean side life into the presentation as I'm certain that's how I'll have to relate my impression of those certain beach aspects to others' impressions of those beach aspects.

But back on topics on my mind: my family; I can't believe my parents have been able to live for as long as they have. Nobody's sick, but I'm grateful for circumstances that have followed through in my life so far to allow them to stay.

Life, and where I choose to go with it: I don't know. I just want to sit and observe all around me and enjoy what I see on and around this earth.

I'm 22 and think that these past 5 years have unfairly gone by too fast for me to enjoy. Part of it is my fault, I've held myself back in allowing myself to enjoy what's around me, or what I naturally like.

I believe I'm here on this earth to just live some life, hold some responsibilities as I live it, such as hold a job, start a family, raise it, and do odds and ends things in between to make my life and those around me as wholesome as possible.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has these ideals in their head, I'm pretty sure others do too but I do feel these so deeply sometimes that I think I'm the only one far off in my own space to enjoy it. It's good and bad at the same time.

Myers-Briggs Temperment Indicator: INFP. That description suits me, but I'm trying to give it a good name. Sometimes I wish I were an INTP however, like my father.

I guess I'm good with this post. But I want to post the songs I've been listening to as I've been typing this up.
Currently listening to: Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American, Chevelle- Panic Prone, The Verve- Bittersweet Symphony, The Kooks- Stormy Weather, Genius- Don't Bring Me Down, Staind- Right Here, Chevelle- Closure.







This one:




or try this one:




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your head. I can relate with most of what you expressed in your blog. I, too, sometimes feel that I should be doing more with my life, but then I analyze my life and come to the conclusion that I'm just starting to live, so I still have time to do some crazy shit before I die. I hope.

    Anyway, as for your road trip, you should do it. I do things spontaneously all the time, and sometimes alone. I just think of things and do them without giving them too much thought, which can be a good thing and a bad thing at times. BUt you do only live once and sometimes you meet some of the best characters in life on crazy, spontaneous trips. Therefore, if you have no one to go with you on the road trip, there is always the possibility of meeting him or her along the way. The point is you should seize the day and do what your heart desires, as long as you're not thinking about hurting yourself or other... :)

    As for girls and relationships, some of the best relationships (well most of them) happen when you least expect them too. I don't know if that is what you wanted to hear but take it for what it's worth, which is just another point of view in this world. In the end though, you will know what to do when your time comes.

    As for your CP, I think it is cool you want to do it on the ocean. I find the ocean/beach to be one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. The sound of the waves crashing on the rocks, the smell of the sea, the cold or hot sand under my bare feet all contribute to something beyond me that is so powerful and majestic. I know many people who would agree the ocean has a healing power, maybe that's is why many people tend to go to the beach when they feel sad?

    By the way, the comment you left on my blog about the colors red and black make sense to me, maybe that is why I don't use them (or at least I try not to).

    ReplyDelete