Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Dream blog

One of my dreams that I can remember is a recent one that has occurred to me as I've been on this Thanksgiving break, and it involves me milling around some building (I think at a college) alone, something similar to the administrative building that's on this campus, and I was wandering around in it walking up and down stairs, walking down a few halls, and trying to open a few doors to conference rooms to find some people I knew. I can't remember whom exactly I was trying to find, but I think I was trying to find a class that I had to attend at six at night there or I was trying to find some friends whom happened to be in one of those rooms. I remember trying to open a door that was either locked or unlocked, I couldn't tell if it was either; I gave up on it halfway trying to check. I felt discouraged from trying because I thought that I was late in trying to get to class/find my friends. Then as I turn to leave I find this one guy chillin about 5 feet away from me, looking at me as if I had done something funny. He then said to me something like, “Dude, stop sleeping during the day, you've got a lot of work to do still.” And he said this with a smile and proceeded to pass me and (I assume) wait in front of the door that I was just at as if someone were going to meet him there. After he spoke those words to me, I just nodded my head and said, “Yeah, you're right,” and then I headed for the stairs I had came down earlier. The guy that spoke to me was this one really short guy that suffered from dwarfism that I know I had seen somewhere else earlier in my life.

I think what that little scene meant was was for me to stop being depressed and trying to sleep the day away here at college because that's what I tend to do over at one of the study rooms on one of the comfy couches. Some people have noticed I do it regularly and now they ask my whereabouts if I'm not sleeping on the couch at certain times of the day. I think it was significant that this person was in my dream telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself and take charge of what I do because it looks like (whenever I had seen the guy in real life) this other person had gone through more adversity than what I have gone through, and that I should be able to take care of myself. I think I'm starting to wise up that I'm not in a bad situation that I think I am and that I should be able to talk to other people instead of distance myself from them and start to live life.




O/T: I want to listen to some Jimmy Eat World, so here I go:

No comments:

Post a Comment