Sunday, September 12, 2010

Comparing Phil in Groundhog Day to me (with more emphasis on me)

The relation about Phil's humanistic journey to the journey about me trying to exit the cave and see the light is that Phil was at least able to exit the cave and accept his transformation into the person he became; I, on the other hand, am fighting against that transformation because I'm wondering whether or not it is the most just, ultimate path that I should be taking as a human being or not. I guess I like being the devil's advocate, but I don't like taking the same old beaten path that everyone else takes traveling through life; I like to be unique, kinda like those goth kids from South Park who try to be “nonconformists” (and it's especially hard trying to be a nonconformist among other people you notice who are also nonconformists when you all yield the same answers for issues and take the same plan of action to work on them). I guess I don't want to go along that same path of enlightenment because I already know what's along the journey (or at least, I believe I've seen enough stories about what occurs along those journeys and what the end result entails for those journeys) and I don't want to be a part of that story; I just want to blaze my own path and do something that nobody else has done. I would like to make my own mark on this earth that would help out the human race somehow but in a field that needs attention to that no one else has really tackled on, which is why I don't want to be thinking the same way like anybody else out on the street or anybody else that has a similar personality to mine. As far as what's concerned of me, crawling through this cave has been much more difficult than it would probably be because of the extra weight I've put on myself in order to exit it, and I'm hoping that when I do exit it that I will appreciate the light much more than I would if I didn't set up all these traps and weights for myself.

Actually, I take that back: I'm probably already out of the cave and understand enlightenment, but I'm stuck outside watching from behind a tree as other people are exiting the same cave and coming to the same conclusions about enlightenment as they see the light; I'm beginning to wonder if that light is supposed to be interpreted in the way that everyone concluding at, or whether or not there's another answer. And that's why I won't go back into the cave with my information; I don't know whether or not I should be following that crowd back with a group-consensus decision or if I'm needed to come to a different conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment